Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Words of Encouragement

I woke this morning in need of some encouragement, my first reaction, was to grab my scriptures and read a chapter, which then followed with a book I started many months ago but put aside as I usually end of doing with any book. ("Trusting Jesus" by Jeffrey R. Holland)
I picked up the book and opened to the book mark and began to read the very words I needed to hear. It is a bit long, so bear with me...

"It is to those who so hunger that I address these thoughts. Wherever you live, and at whatever point in age or experience you find yourself, I declare that God has through His only Begotten Son lifted the famine of which Amos spoke. I testify that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Bread of Life and a Well of Living Water springing up unto eternal life"...."Regardless of past paths taken or not taken, we wish to offer you "the way, the truth, and the life" (John 14:6)"...."With one voice and one accord, we bear witness that the gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way to satisfy ultimate spiritual hunger and slake definitive spiritual thirst. Only He who was so mortally wounded knows how to heal our modern wounds. Only One who was with God, and was God (see John 1:1), can answer the deepest and most urgent questions of our soul."...."Everything in the gospel teaches us that we can change if we need to, that we can be helped if we truly want it, that we can be made whole, whatever the problems of the past."...."In spite of Life's tribulations and as fearful as some of our prospects are, I testify that there is help for the journey. There is the Bread of Eternal Life and Well of Living Water. Christ has overcome the world -our world- and His gift to us is peace now and exaltation in the world to come (see D&C 59:23). Our fundamental requirement is to have faith in Him and follow Him - always. I testify that in my fears and in my infirmities the Savior has surely sustained me. I will never be able to thank Him enough for such personal kindness and such loving care."....

""President George Q. Cannon said once: "No matter how serious the trial, how deep the distress, how great the affliction, [God] will never desert us. He never has, and He never will. He cannot do it. It is [against] His character [to do so]. He is an unchangeable being....He will stand by us. We may pass through the fiery furnace; we may pass through deep waters; but we shall not be consumed nor overwhelmed. We shall emerge from all these trials and difficulties the better and the purer for them, if we only trust in our God and keep His commandments.""

Like I said before, these were the words I needed to hear and I realize they can relate to so many of us in so many different scenarios which is why I'm sharing, but for me, they are reassuring me of the Blessing of Peace I so desire especially coming closer to the time when this sweet baby will enter the world and our lives. I know in my last attempts of a natural birth I had angels watching over me including my grandmother. I also saw the hand of the Lord in all of it and I know He is there and will be there for me again. I feel so blessed to have loved ones close by and from beyond the grave that have blessed me and my family with their help and support. I look forward to the next chapter and the new addition to our family. I thank the Lord for the Peace and Strength He has given me thus far, for I could not have done it without Him and I thank all of you. Lots of Love!

No comments: