Sunday, April 15, 2012

Snow in April

You bet! There's More SNOW!! I admit, I was one of those that woke up and saw the snow and said, "Seriously! There's Flippin (my form of cursing) Snow outside in the middle of April- REALLLY!!!" Now, I like snow in December when I don't have to go out in it. I can just cuddle up in front of the fireplace with my hot cocoa in hand wearing my jammies and some warm fuzzy socks.
Well, as much as I Hate being cold and the layering of clothes and coats, scarfs, hats makes me claustrophobic; I would do Anything for my kids...so, when Lizzie said the words, " Mom, will you come play in the snow with me?! Pleeeaaase!" I bite my lip, threw my head back and let out a groan. "Rgghh!! Okay....and just like that, we were out the door and in the bitter cold- mind you, the snow was still falling on our heads and soaking us to the bone.... But I have to be honest, Lizzie's face, excitement and deviousness (as she rolled herself a snowball) was entirely worth it. She pelted me with a few snowballs and got a big kick out of it but I think her favorite part was when she snuck up behind me and broke the snow over my head. Needless to say, I caught her in action and tackled her to the ground. We went from there to a devotedly building a fort and when I say We, I mean mostly Me. But I had quite the cheer squad. After hours and I really do mean Hours and several pairs of gloves, I took a short on what would have been an igloo fort to a make shift fort of sorts.
 Warming up by the Fire....mmmm, My favorite!


 The CRAZY fort!!

 Hanging out with daddy...I begged Rick to take my place at one point, but I'm glad he turned me down..we had a blast!

Cleaning up afterwards... Lizzie being a goof ball.



Well, It was fun, but Please! NO more Snow for now.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Just had to say that I love Lincoln's one tooth(s). :)