Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Gathering or the Nuts!


The gathering of the nuts was today. Actually, we just got back and cleaned up. The gathering of the nuts is something we do every year. My grandpa has everyone over to his house to shake his trees and gather as many nuts as we can. Although, when my dad's side of the family gets together, it just as well be a gathering of a bunch of "Nuts".

 
If you look closely, Rick is in the tree. He was one of our monkeys.

Elizabeth loved playing with her cousins and in the dirt. She was covered with dust from head to toe but I would have to say that her most favorite part was when she got to drive the tractor with great grandpa. The look of excitement in her eyes and glow of desire to man the big round steering wheel; she was in heaven. It was just about the cutest thing I've seen. Now I can look forward to shelling a lot of nuts. What a fun day its been!

 
Too much Fun.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

So fun. I love the picture of Rick!
So what are you getting, pecans? They're my fav. :P (yum)