Friday, December 11, 2009

My Guardian Angel

On Monday night I went up to my parents house in Diamond Valley and the twenty minute trip up there was enough to make me nervous. It was pouring rain so hard, it was all I could see.  I hit a big puddle and hydroplaned, but that turned out to be the least of my worries. After hanging out for a couple of hours at my parents place, I decided to go home, but knew it wouldn't be easy.  I had a deep down gut feeling that something may just go wrong. But I needed to get home.
My dad offered to follow me out to the entrance of Diamond Valley. I crept through Diamond Valley and made my way onto the highway but didn't speed up. Diamond Valley had a couple inches of snow at the least and it was about the same a few miles down the road. My dad decided to follow me further down the highway and boy was I glad he did. Just as I was coming around the volcano and heading down that steep hill, I hit a patch of ice and I started spinning. Now, my dad has done a very good job of teaching me how to drive in bad conditions but I did exactly the opposite of what I had been taught at that very moment. My first instinct was to push on the brake. But thankfully the words of my father popped into my head and reminded me to tap on the brakes, TAP on them! So I did and after spinning a few times, my car came to a stop facing sideways in the middle of both lanes of traffic.
I was so grateful there wasn't a single car coming by as I spun out of control all over the road. I was even more grateful for the guardian angel that was reminding me to tap on the brakes instead.  And then I was oh so grateful for my present guardian angel, my dad, who was watching just behind me the whole time. Just knowing he was there calmed me and a feeling of peace was definitely present. I have to admit the second he left my side I broke out in tears, because I realized just how good it felt to have my dad following me and I felt extremely blessed that me and Lizzie were kept safe. I know God sends angels to watch over us and I know I was being watched over that night. Thank you dad.

8 comments:

Jasmin Hampton said...

oh Shay, I'm so glad you're okay!
love you so much.

Lorin and Angie said...

You are definetly being watched over. You are a choice daughter... I Love Ya!!

Kelly said...

Angels are hard to find, but they are everywhere! Thank Heavens! Glad you're okay. You have so many people that love you, and I'm definitely one of them!

Kelly said...

P.S. I love your new header!

Rae said...

Oh man, that made me cry. I love you so much, and I'm so glad you have your dad (and angels) to watch over you!

Jamie Hunt said...

Holy Crap! Great now I'm bawling! Don't ever do that again! The thought of losing you is terrible! I'm so glad you were safe and your little baby girl as well. I'm so jealous you have your family and Dad so close! There's something special between a dad and his daughter! I love you shay!

Unknown said...

Daddies always watch over their little girls; whether from behind a car window, or through a heavenly portal, we're always watching over our little sweeties.

Bingham Family said...

Hey you! here is my blog
http://tylerandcarlybingham.blogspot.com/