Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas!

We hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
Our Christmas was wonderful. We enjoyed our traditional clam chowder on Christmas Eve, which I was actually able to enjoy this year. The last time we had Christmas with my family I was pregnant with Lizzie and I was throwing up all Christmas Eve. But this year the clam chowder was excellent. We also have a tradition where we all eat pudding and whoever finds the nut in their pudding gets a treat. And then the tradition we've done more recently is the Christmas pickle ornament.
 
Elizabeth was so excited for Christmas, although I think she really just enjoyed hiding in the pile of presents under the Christmas Tree. She loved helping Grandma and Grandpa and Ducky (my oldest brother) out in the kitchen. She mixed up the pudding with Grandma and helped Ducky pickle the peppers for the most amazing shrimp egg rolls the next morning.
 
 
 
 
 
Come Christmas Day, Elizabeth didn't want to open her presents at all. She was much more interested in what everyone else was getting from beneath the concealed shiny wrapping paper. She was going around admiring, shouting, smiling, and clapping in excitement for the toys her cousins were all enjoying. It was really pretty sweet. Thanks to her aunt Jaynes, Lizzie finally sat down for a second just long enough to open her presents. Elizabeth is one of a kind and I just can't love her enough.
Here's Elizabeth wearing her new PJ's for Christmas day and here she is wearing her new Nike outfit she got from Grandma Liz. She looks so cute in it- I love it!
 
 
We had so much fun this Christmas and finished off the day playing games with my family.
I just want everyone to know how grateful I am to all my family. I love you all so much and I feel so blessed to have the love and support from all of you. Me and my family have been so blessed this year and I know a big part of that is because of all of you. Thank you.


P.S. Here is Rick, very excited about finally being able to do a puzzle. Elizabeth decided to rip up the instructions to "Catch Phrase". Rick had been wanting to do a puzzle all day but we couldn't find one and well...he got one.

2 comments:

Rae said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you had a great holiday!

Kelly said...

I love that Rick got to do his puzzle! Haha! We'll be doing puzzles all day on New Year's Eve, and we'll be thinking of you guys. Things just get better and better don't they? Can't wait til next year, hopefully we'll spend more time with each other!