Thursday, September 4, 2014

Labor Day Weekend

It was a fun Labor Day weekend for us. We didn't go anywhere special, but we didn't need to and I'll tell you why. Because I was given the perfect excuse to do some deep cleaning. You all saw pictures of the flooding in our basement. Thankfully nothing was ruined just wet. We had our carpets shampoo'ed on top of the flooding because why not?.. Besides, it helped with the smell. I cleaned corners in my room because I could actually get to the corners in my room. It was exciting. I was harnessing my chi and feeling CLEAN-haha! The kids played like they were twirling around in a tornado with the fans blowing on them and the carpets.
We had the house to ourselves because my parents went out of town and so I took full advantage of the extra space. The funnest part of this whole weekend was camping out in the backyard. The stars were beautiful and the kids all slept so peacefully. Penny slept better than she has in a long time, probably because of the nice cool breeze. The kids got to try out their new sleeping bags and they Loved them. Rick won them in a raffle drawing at his work. It was perfect because we were planning to buy some and now we don't have to-Yay!
I just loved all the extra family time we got together this weekend. There was no running off to bug grandma or grandpa. It was just Us! It made me happy for the day when it can just be Us in our own home as the small family that we are. I look forward to it. Don't get me wrong, I love that I get a break from my kids when they are off bugging the grandparents instead of me but I really do LOVE our family time, just the five of us.
We did the usual household things like feeding the animals, watering plants, and mowing the lawn along with some movie nights, root beer floats, Pizza, and cookies. It really was the perfect weekend and I didn't want it to end.























1 comment:

Jasmin Hampton said...

So much fun! And so much fun to see the pictures too! Love you!