Monday, January 13, 2014

Life

Well, the holidays have come and gone with a new year and a new start; A chance to become something better and brighter. I have made some personal goals as well as some family goals and I'm feeling motivated.

I have found myself feeling sorry for myself a lot lately, mainly because I have lost a bit of balance in my life and I've struggled with that. I won't go into all the details because I don't want to bore you and I'm not looking for a pity party.  I'm sure many are dealing with much worse than me and I know there's no reason for me to feel sorry for myself and that is why I'm determined to make a change. I was reminded in church the other day that when we begin to feel like Poor me, we must throw ourselves into service. So there's my start. I will find a way to serve.

I do feel like this year is going to be a big year for us. I will be officially joining the minivan mom club soon and I hope for a home we can call our own, but we'll see. I have a sister getting married and another sister pregnant with her second and I've made some new friends this year and hope to see those friendships last. I will be joining a gym and I've signed up for some volleyball tournaments in my attempts to fit exercise into my schedule--something I've missed So much. I'm not sure I've ever gone this long without any form of exercise, and so it'll be nice to get back to it. Running has been hard on my joints this winter, hence the gym membership and the last two volleyball leagues have been cancelled so I guess, I'll take what I can get.

My kids are growing too fast as usual. I've adopted another group of children that I love so much already. I am now teaching a primary class-the Valiant 8 group and they are my favorite! I know all of them except one or two and their parents which makes it all that more fun. This ward is great for us and it's hard to imagine we may not be in it some day.

Rick, as I mentioned earlier, has been working long hours. Quite honestly, we don't spend much time together and I find myself looking forward to our five minutes spent browsing and poking fun on facebook or You tube. The occasional texting during the day is nice too but not often enough.

 My kids are my best-est friends right now, keeping me in check and busy as ever. They provide what little conversation I get in the day, they make me laugh and laugh with me. They help make up for my bad days by bringing the perfect amount of sweet into my life. I love their hugs and kisses, cuddles and jokes and so much more. They are my everything.

Sorry for the boring post, I plan to post some pictures and more soon.

No comments: