Friday, January 17, 2014

January 2014

I interviewed my kids the other day. I've been wanting to do this for some time now but didn't want to come up with the questions. Thankfully, I've seen it done before by others so I hunted down their questions for it. Thanks to Rae and Kel. Hope you don't mind me stealing your questions. It was fun for me to see what my kids think.

{what I  think}
(what the kids do)

1.        1.  What is something Daddy always says to you?
Lizzie- Clean your room
Lincoln- no hiding
Substitute “Mommy” in place of “Daddy”:
Lizzie- Go to timeout
Lincoln- No drawing! Not on paper. {I hope he means only on paper-if not, it sure explains all the crayon scribbles on my walls}

2.  What makes Daddy happy?
Lizzie- Tickling him
Lincoln- share!-sharing toys
Mommy:
Lizzie- Tickling you! (As she pounces on me and tries to tickle my neck)
Lincoln- Get big! Get bigger like daddy.

3.  What makes Daddy sad?
Lizzie- Hitting!
Lincoln- Hitting!!
Lizzie- Lincoln, I already did hitting, how about punching?
Lincoln- Nope, not punching.
Mommy:
Lizzie- Punching!
Lincoln- That! (Pointing at a doll ninja monkey) I say, “This?, holding it up.”
Yea, that monkey! {Lincoln is terrified of it. It makes a loud ninja monkey noise when it’s smacked against something.}

4.  How does Daddy make you laugh?
Lizzie- he tickles me
Lincoln- He goes “Hahaha!!” Like that.
Mommy:
Lizzie- by pulling hair-hehehe! {Lizzie’s being silly and saying things that don’t make sens}
Lincoln- Like this- Hahaha!! Like daddy’s did.

5.  What was Daddy like as a child?
Lizzie- He played.
Lincoln- He was like dad.
Mommy:
Lizzie- something silly. Hehehehe!
Lincoln- A dog.

6.  How old is Daddy?
Lizzie- Huge as a Giant
Lincoln- Big!
Mommy:
Lizzie- Your 24. (Then looking at me quizzically)  But mommy, what’s your really number??
Lincoln- Two! Like me.

7.  How tall is Daddy?
Lizzie- Huge as a Giant.
Lincoln- Uh, Big!
Mommy:
Lizzie- You’re tall as a fan
Lincoln- uh, uh…Like a giant, {he says in a giant growling voice}

8.  What is Daddy's favorite thing to do?
Lizzie- To play cars with Lincoln.
Lincoln- A present-Open a present.
Mommy:
Lizzie- Play with her car she got for Christmas {I got a hot wheels car too}
Lincoln- No playing; no playing cars.

9.  What does Daddy do when you're not around?
Lizzie- plays on the computer
Lincoln- No punching
Mommy:
Lizzie-Go outside and play
Lincoln-No hanging

10.  If Daddy becomes famous, what will it be for?
Lizzie- He’ll be strong.
Lincoln- No punching {he says in his goofy voice} I say, “Are you gonna take this seriously?”
Yes, I am.
Mommy:
Lizzie-For being strong
Lincoln-No Punching{again in his goofy voice}

11.  What is Daddy's favorite food?
Lizzie- Uh,… Chicken???
Lincoln- Burger!!
Mommy:
Lizzie- Mac n’ Cheese
Lincoln- cereal

12.  What is Daddy really good at?
Lizzie-Playing basketball
Lincoln-The puzzle pieces
Mommy:
Lizzie- Playing her games…or, or, or….something.
Lincoln- No punching {goofy voice}

13.  What is Daddy not very good at?
Lizzie- Uh…uh…not very good at a hard game?
Lincoln- No punching {yes, still with a goofy voice}
Mommy:
Lizzie- Your not very good at playing daddy’s games
Lincoln- Not good at puzzle pieces

14.  What does Daddy do for his job?
Lizzie- Go to work. I say, “what does he do at work?”
He builds! Cause I have seen that place.
Lincoln- For volleyball
Mommy:
Lizzie- She goes to work if she grows bigger.
Lincoln- No pushing

15. What makes you proud of Daddy?
Lizzie- He helps me; helps me got my pencil out of the truck earlier…remember of that thing? {Rick had retrieved her kids meal pencil from a small crack in the truck that we thought we’d never get out}
Lincoln- Uh, no punching {I think this may be an I don’t know kind of answer for him or he’s just completely bored from all the questions}
Mommy:
Lizzie- Playing with me
Lincoln- No laughing

16. If Daddy were a cartoon character, who would he be?
Lizzie- A racer!! I repeat, “A cartoon character!”
A racer guy in a cartoon!
Lincoln- Lightning! Lightning Matween {That would be Lightning McQueen}
Mommy:
Lizzie- A girl racer!
Lincoln- A race car while making race car sounds…vroommmwhwhwhwh…How about Lightning?

17.  What do you and Daddy do together?
Lizzie- We play together; a video game together
Lincoln- Puzzle pieces, watch movie-airplanes.
Mommy:
Lizzie- We pick flowers together
Lincoln- puzzle pieces

18.  How are you and Daddy the same?
Lizzie- I’m almost daddy’s size
Lincoln- Daddy’s blue and I’m blue
Mommy:
Lizzie- I’m almost your size
Lincoln- blue and purple

19.  How are you and Daddy different?
Lizzie- I’m littler and I’m bigger.
Lincoln- (long pause)….uh, ice cream.
Mommy:
Lizzie- we’re not…um, I’m littler and you’re bigger.
Lincoln- uh, uh, uh….plays with light switch instead of answering.

20.  How do you know Daddy loves you?
Lizzie- He loves me huge as a giant. I say, “how do you know?” cause he’s my favorite love
Lincoln- playing, shares with my toys, watch a movie.
Mommy:
Lizzie- Because you love me as a big heart.
Lincoln- I don’t know

21. Where is Daddy's favorite place to go?
Lizzie- To Panda Express
Lincoln- Home!
Mommy:
Lizzie- Panda Express!
Lincoln- To church.

22. Whose your hero?
Lizzie- Daddy
Lincoln- Lincoln



Well, we finally finished our new years puzzle just last night. It's 2,000 pieces! Rick let me put the last piece in-so sweet. Rick actually did most of the puzzle. I've been busy with other things but I still helped. I remember the days when we could both spend hours together doing a puzzle. Now, I can't imagine what I'd do with a couple hours, but most likely it wouldn't be used putting a puzzle together. It sure is fun to have this family tradition though.




Penny
Six Months Old!
Happy Half Birthday!

Penny is 21 lbs and tall like her siblings. She sits up by herself. She is stout, sweet, Rolls upon Rolls but she hides them well; concealing most within her midsection and lower half. Those rolls have a hard time being cleaned with even a high pressurized hose, but are more for us to love. She loves to smile, laugh, play with hair, baby talk, watch her siblings or any young kids and chew on her fingers(her most favorite teething toys). She loves to be talked to and played with as well as being tossed in the air and danced with.

And this, this is my new vehicle. Yep, I have officially joined the minivan mom club!
Eight years ago, I told Rick I would never be a minivan mom. Thankfully, I've changed and I see things differently now. I love my minivan! Rick was actually the one that needed some convincing. The kids love it too which is just a bonus.

No comments: