Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Yay! For new home owners

My absence has left me with the choice to combine all holiday celebrations into one post like one big blur or to skip them all together and start with now...I'll choose the latter. Now.
The holidays were great but I really don't have the time. I mean, come on, I have two kids that demand my attention 24/7.
Which is why I will make this quick. My brother and his wife got a house and have been doing some renovating on it. The rest of us, of course, have been there any spare moment to help out because that's what this family is good at and it's fun.
I have a bunch of pictures, because I finally dusted off the good old camera after its been accumulating dust the last few months.
I won't lie, helping with their house has brought back memories of the time and effort Rick and I put into our own first home. That home was made a part of me and may forever remain there. I still long for the joy and sense of accomplishment that comes with ownership and management of my own home. I would like the task again. Don't get me wrong, it was hard work but it was totally worth it.
I'm not saying I don't love the situation I'm in now. I love where we are in our lives, things are great and only continue to get better, I'm just hopeful that having a home of our own will be part of our progression. Rick and I have plans to build a home someday, hopefully not too far into the future and that is an exciting thing. Rick, with the skills he has, can draw up the plans himself and has already, tweaking it all along the way, until we can finally come to a pretty good conclusion of what we want. I am happy. I have my family close, two beautiful children and one on the way, the best husband in the world, a thousand opportunities at my fingertips, the burning desire to serve and strive for greatness and a closeness to my Heavenly Father.
Okay, here are pictures
For those that didn't catch on to the lil comment made earlier in this post, yes, I'm pregnant with baby  #3! Rick and I have been really bad at getting the word out but we are thoroughly excited. I'm four and half months here.
 Its an old small home, great as a starter home and perfect for a rental if they decide to later.

Sister's make the best teams
 Check out that old sink and the back of lincoln's head
 There's some good looking guys...

 Lunch break!


Nap time for these two
 There's some pretty faces

 Me with the power tools, we were sawing through the palettes to remove the planks of wood for a wood floor. Power tools and resourcefulness-two of my favorite things.




 Here's a little Funny!!

 We even put the kids to work...slave drivers




So, there you have it. So excited for Dustin and Jennie and the start of their new home ownership. It's been a blast helping out. Sorry, for the quick post. I'll update more when I get another moment.

No comments: