Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Mesquite Days

We made it to the parade and the kids gathered all the candy they could get. Later in the day, we made our way to the carnival and the kids went on a few rides each. I was talked into going on a ride at the end of our little adventure but I absolutely HATE spinning rides. Give me roller coasters and far drops but no spinning!!
My sister talked me into going on it with her and my kids--worst mistake ever!! I should know better than to trust her. She started spinning us and Lizzie who is a spinner freak kept it going. I literally felt like everything I had ate the day was coming up within seconds of the ride but I managed to keep it down. Never Again!
I haven't always been one that couldn't spin but a traumatizing tire swing as a kid and a spinning ride at Lagoon was the end of my spinning days. We convinced Lincoln to go on a roller coaster and it turned out he wasn't too fond of that. Lizzie however couldn't get enough of any ride. Icee's from Maverick was the perfect way to cool down and throwing the frisbee in the park was the perfect end to a perfect day.












No comments: