Friday, September 21, 2012

These Days...

Hey Everyone! I still don't have more pictures of the Relay but when I get them I will be sure to post them...as for life at home, it's the little things that make a difference. One day it could be Lincoln planting a big kiss on me or one more joke told from the hilarious Lizzie.
 I had a rough day yesterday. I was tired and exhausted and the combination makes me irritable, much less patient with my children and down right grumpy! I hate days like that which is why I have chosen to make this day all about the little things.
I stopped to listen to Lizzie and her psychotic dreams (no, she doesn't watch scary movies-I've banned them from my home, but she does have quite the imagination) and as I was listening, I noticed her dramatic hand gestures and the great detail she was going into describing all the little things and then what made it even more interesting was when Lincoln began to spat off his gibberish while Lizzie continued. I grabbed my camera within seconds. I really wanted to post the videos but they aren't working, so maybe later

 I have a load of stories, I like to write them down so that from time to time, I can go back and read them. So, I'll share a few:

Lizzie yelled to her aunt BB from the bottom of the stairs, “Sorry BB!” I said, “No, you go say sorry to her FACE and give her a hug” and Lizzie turned to me and said, “But mom, I pulled her hair!”


So this morning, I made Mac&Cheese for Lizzie for breakfast because she wanted it-some days I just don't fight it ;)
So, I had completed something with the meal and I turned to my children sitting in the high stools and said Tada!! And then began to bow in front of them and they just stared at me with quizzical looks so I said, you're supposed to clap?! They humored me and began clapping and so I bowed again a couple of times and then Lizzie says "here's your prize!" holding out her one gloved hand along with the bare one and the imaginary prize cupped in both. I took it and began shouting Yay and waving it around above my head. She stops me and says, “you have to open it!”
I pretend to open it and then do the same cheer and wave and she says, “Mom it's a narble!”- What the heck is a Narble?! Do you mean Marble??
“YEAH, a Narble!”

Okay, another...Lizzie says to me there's a pancake in the sink. I look over, no there's not.
“Yes huh! Right there!” …I look over again
No, there's not!
I finish making the Mac&Cheese and then dish it up for her and Lincoln- Lincoln immediately puts his hand in the bowl and gets cheesy stuff on it- he says, “HAaa hAaa!” (all breathy like, his way of saying "hot") and then he holds his hand out for me to clean it off. I grab a rag and put it in between both Lizzie and him to use for their hands- (Both my kids are kinda weird and like to have their hands clean when they eat-I wonder where they get that? *Cough, look away*) Lizzie exclaims, “That’s the pancake mom!” That’s not a pancake! Who told you that?
“Calley!” She responds.
 Who's Calley?
“She’s sitting right there!”

Lizzie and her imaginary friends, telling her that rags are pancakes ....I don't know.  By the way, for those that  follow up on my blog and know of Wallace- Yes! He still exists; hangs out in the closets most often these days. He’s happy there.

We were waiting for my mom to get back yesterday before we left for volleyball, so we're hanging out. I was doing some things on the computer and Lizzie was waiting impatiently upstairs. She races downstairs to me after maybe twenty minutes of waiting. She says to me, “Mom, I think my heart is telling me that grandma is here.”
I say your heart is telling you this? “Yes, I think my heart is telling me that grandma is here!!”
I say, well then, let’s go see-grandma wasn't there yet.
She says to me, “I guess not!” I say, she must be close though, if your heart is telling you so and she was very close. She pulled into the driveway soon after.

Lizzie is all the time trying to negotiate with me; this is one that happens more frequently.
Lizzie says to me as she walks out of the bathroom, “maybe I wash my hands tomorrow?!” This always ends with me saying no, maybe you wash them right now J Today she came back with the excuse, but I was wearing my glove!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my word! this is the best post ever!! I feel like I haven't read your blog in months, so catching up with your posts is so fun! I love you and your silly-sweet-adorable-crazy kids! XOXO

Rae said...

Oh my goodness. This makes me just ACHE to see you guys!!!