Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Happy Halloween

Halloween 2013
 Penny's costume for the earlier Trunk-or-Treat at my sister's ward- A little ghost


 and Now for the real traditional Trick-or-Treating...



     this is the same costume Lizzie wore for her first Halloween but it seems Penny is our chunky baby and so we had to do some compromising with the costume
 Our Giraffe wearing bunny slippers...It worked for us, she looks cute in anything. In the background, You can kinda see how we decorated the front door-spiderwebs hanging above, carved pumpkins on either side of the pillars and a whole graveyard with our awesome grim reaper standing guard to the right. Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of those or our pumpkin this year-slacker mom!
Yea, I painted this and we made it's eyes out of wax and attached glowing lights to the back so they glowed through. It was Rick's idea to use wax for the eyes and he did a pretty awesome job making the robe and hood. We won first Prize for it! Awesome, right?!


Lizzie likes to challenge my talents each year by picking a character that requires my not-so-great sewing skills. But it turned out and she was the cutest Toadette of all time. Best costume in her class.
Rick put my artistic skills to use as well with the shirt I painted him in order to tie in his whole costume. It was fun and I was happy to do it especially since Rick doesn't usually dress up.
It was an excellent Halloween and Lizzie tells me to get ready for next Halloween already planning her next costume.
   I also came up with a new oatmeal raisin (or chocolate chip) cookie recipe that I'm particularly proud of. It requires no butter or shortening and has better more nutritious, healthy ingredients. They come out sweet, soft, chewy and delicious. I love feeding my kids healthy treats!!
Happy Halloween Everyone!

No comments: